REACH is a European Union regulation concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals. It came into force on 1st June 2007 and replaced a number of European Directives and Regulations with a single system.
REACH has several aims:
- To provide a high level of protection of human health and the environment from the use of chemicals
- To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use).
- To allow the free movement of substances on the EU market and managing the risks associated with their use.
- To enhance innovation in and the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry.
- To promote the use of alternative methods for the assessment of the hazardous properties of substances e.g. quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSAR) and read across.
All of Warwick Chemicals’ products have been registered under REACH. Please contact us for information about which uses have been registered.